Texas Child Support Modification Forms






In Texas, a parent may request a child support modification in certain circumstances. A change in the non-custodial parent’s income, job status, or military deployment can trigger the need to change the child support payments. However, in some instances, these changes cannot occur without the intervention of a court. If you want to make a change to your child support payments in Texas, you must file the proper forms.

The first step is to fill out a request for review of your current court-ordered child support amount. You can obtain a request for review from the Child Support Division’s website. Be aware that the court’s processing time will be extended by any additional request for modification.

Alternatively, you may wish to file a statement requesting a court fee waiver. If you don’t have enough money to pay the filing fee, you can request a fee waiver by filling out an application known as an In Forma Pauperis. To complete the application, you must provide detailed financial information under oath.

In case both parties cannot agree on a temporary arrangement, a judge may order mediation. The order is signed by the judge after the parties have signed a Motion for Mediation.

Share this

Recent articles


More like this